Posted July 18th, 2013 @ 2:10am
Weekend Events 7/19-7/21
- Under the Influence of Music Tour: Wiz Khalifa + More
- Where: Sleep Train Amphitheatre- 2050 Entertainment Circle San Diego, CA 91911
- When: July 19 6pm-12am
- Admission Cost: $24.50+
- Line-up: Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky, B.o.B., Trinidad Jame$, Joey Bada$$ & Pro Era, Berner, Chevy Woods, and Smoke Dza
- What: The Little Saigon Foundation would like to invite you to join us in celebration of the recent designation of the Little Saigon District by the City Council of San Diego. After more than five years worth of culmination collaboration among local businesses, community organizations, neighborhood residents, and city government, Little Saigon District finally becomes reality. The stretch of El Cajon Boulevard between Highland and Euclid Ave is now proud to be named Little Saigon District. In celebration of the Little Saigon District, we would like to invite you to participate in the San Diego Lantern Festival 2013, a one-of-a-kind event in San Diego that brings together neighbors, businesses, students and community groups for a safe, fun, and cultural experience. Each year, the Annual Lantern Festival attracts 10,000 visitors a year and has generated almost half a million dollars for the area since its establishment four year ago. This year, the festival will include carnival rides, unique food and assorted vendors, entertainers, lion dances, a talent competition and a spectacular display of 6,000 colorful lanterns. The Annual San Diego Lantern Festival hosts by the Little Saigon Foundation of San Diego (LSF), a 501(c)(3) organization in City Heights whose mission is to develop the local community through means of revitalizing its infrastructure, promoting culture and tourism in the area, and engaging youth, residents, and businesses in civic responsibilities. Our recent accomplishment in revitalizing the Little Saigon District was the unanimously pass a resolution by the City Council of San Diego, officially designated the stretch of El Cajon Boulevard between Highland and Euclid Ave as LITTLE SAIGON DISTRICT. We are still far from reaching our goals. Your donation, help, and support by attending our events, will help makes a real different in the revitalization efforts to renew the new district.
- Website: http://littlesaigonsandiego.org
- When: July 19 (5-10pm), 20 & 21 (10am-10pm)
- Where: Hoover High School- 4474 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
- Admission Cost: $5 for adults $4 for kids (12 and under)
- What: Slightly Stoopid, Atmosphere, Tribal Seeds, Grouch and Eligh live.
- When: July 20 6:30pm-12am, doors open at 5:30pm
- Where: Sleep Train Amphitheatre Chula Vista- 2050 Entertainment Circle San Diego, CA 91911
- Admission Cost: $40+
- When: July 20 1-5:30pm
- Where: Lafayette Hotel and Suites- 2223 El Cajon Blvd San Diego, CA 92104
- Admission Cost: $15 at the door. 21+ years old
- What: Harrah's Resort is bringing the hottest pool party to San Diego! Join us for Adult Swim Saturdays every Saturday all summer long featuring 3 pools, VIP cabanas, So-Cal's only swim up bar, a lazy river and the hottest DJs. We’re making a big splash with Lil Jon turning up the heat on July 20th!
Round trip transportation available.
- When: July 20 12pm-7pm
- Where: Dive Dayclub- 777 Harrah’s Rincon Way San Diego, CA 92082
- Admission Cost: $20
- What: Sundays are always a good time for families at the Del Mar Racetrack and this weekend is no exception. Enjoy Family Days every weekend during the race season but Sunday, July 21 is our super-sized Family Fun Day with extra activities. Kids and parents alike will be able to enjoy rock climbing walls, visit face-painting booths and interact with Pony Boy, the Del Mar Mascot, among many other attractions. Children twelve and under can look forward to receiving a very special Webkinz plush horse at the gates, so come to the track early to get your family smiling. Don't forget to bring your camera for Jockey Photo Day! Get the chance to meet the incredible athletes that make Del Mar's jockey colony. Have your picture taken, get an autograph and chat with your favorite jockeys. Appearances will be from noon-1 p.m.
- When: July 21 12pm-6pm
- Where: Del Mar Racetrack- 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd San Diego, CA 92014
- Admission Cost: $6 for adults, Free for 17 and under
- What: Join True North Tavern for the Sunday Neighborhood Block Party every Sunday at 10am. Brunch is served from 10am to 2pm. Includes table-side spcialty carafes & $4 Skyy Bloody Marys till 2pm then Sleeping Giant Music hits the turn tables.
- When: July 21 10am-6pm
- Where: True North- 3815 30th St. San Diego, CA 92104
- What: Be a survivor ($75) and navigate the course and avoid the undead. 35-50 minutes of Walking Dead Madness. Waves run every 20 minutes. Be a walker ($80) and join the undead horde and stalk the course for 2.5 hours as an official The Walking Dead Escape Walker. As a Horde Walker, you will receive a pro make up session and Walker training. Walker Wave times: 4:30-7:30pm & 7:30pm-10:30pm. Be a spectator ($20) to watch the apocalypse from the sidelines at the Escape Party. Outstanding photo opportunities, merchandise and more. Food and beverages available. All night access included.
- When: July 19 & 20- 5-10pm
- Where: Petco Park San Diego, CA
- When: July 20-21 7:30am-6pm
- Where: Fiesta Island, Mission Bay Park, San Diego, CA
- Free and open to the public; register to play
- When: July 21 7:30pm
- Where: 2241 Shelter Island Dr. San Diego, CA 92106
- When: July 21
What: One of the Chargers' signature events in the community returns for a third straight year as the team announced the 2013 Kaiser Permanente Bolt to the Q, set to take place on July 21. Presented in conjunction with Ryan Matthews, proceeds will once again benefit the Trish & Ryan Mathews Door of Hope Chest, a non-profit charitable foundation overseen by the Salvation Army that helps provide homeless moms and children much-needed resources.
- When:Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:30 am -
- Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:00 pm
Where: PETCO Park
- (619) 795-5000
- Cost: Free
- What/Why: Sanrio's "Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland" will be making its debut appearance at Comic-Con International: San Diego this year. Open to the public at the Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park, this whimsical Hello Kitty retail hub will brilliantly bring Japan's energetic pop culture to life. Fans will be treated to a colorful, anime-rich experience that will include fun activities, limited edition products, and special appearances by Hello Kitty. Colorfully styled from head to toe, Hello Kitty's band of Lolitas will cheerfully greet and guide fans through the experience. Fans can also explore the pop-up shop offering a mix of event-only and limited edition Japanimation-themed collectible Hello Kitty items including the first-ever Hello Kitty graphic novel by VIZ Media, highly exclusive plush, apparel and accessories as well as a special collectors' pin set. Comic-Con badge holders can visit "Kitty-chan Secret Space" inside the San Diego Convention Center for even more Hello Kitty fun!