Night Bright Fashion Event in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- This is a huge fashion event hosted by E News host Giuliana Rancic at Westfield UTC to support the Non-Profit Bright Pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- It’s from 6pm-9pm at Westfield UTC
- They are encouraging everyone to dress in pink to show unity and support for breast cancer awareness and prevention
- Best dressed person will win a meet and greet with Giuliana
- Fashion show, live performance by G.R.L., silent auction, granting one special wish through Giuliana’s Fab U Wish Program
31st annual Carlsbad Rotary Oktoberfest
- Saturday, October 5, 2013, 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- This is a big family event up in Carlsbad taking place at Holiday Park
- It’s free but you can buy a dinner ticket
- Dinner tickets are 10 bucks in advance and 12 dollars at the door and dinner is served until 8pm and includes a traditional German Dinner catered by Carlsbad's own Tip Top Meats, and World Famous Apple Strudel for dessert!
- Lots of fine beers, and wine available as well as non-alcoholic drinks of course
- There will be lots of musical entertainment throughout the day including great dance music, and the famous "Chicken Dance!"
- Lots of stuff for the kids to do..there will be a pumpkin patch and a pumpkin decorating contest, inflatable jumpers, face painting, antique fire truck and much much more!
- FREE Shuttle Bus Service from Westfield’s Plaza Camino Real (SW Corner)
- Local Parking very limited – shuttle buses pick-up and drop-off at 20-minute intervals
- First shuttle picks up at Westfield at 11:30 AM and last shuttle leaves Holiday Park at 10:30PM
5th annual Taste of North Park
- Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- North Park on University Avenue and 30th Street
- 30 tickets in advance 35 there
- Walk along the streets of North Park and taste some food from some restaurants you may have never been too!
- There will also be some craft beer sampling
- For one ticket price you will enjoy over 50 restaurants and 12 specialty brews
- New to the Taste of North Park this year is “Live Acoustic” and “Live Art” sets as your stroll down 30th Street & University Avenue.
- The 2012 Taste of, was a sold out event, make sure to get your pre-sale tickets today.
2nd Annual Rhythm & Brews Music Festival
- Saturday, October 5, 2013, 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Historic Downtown Vista on Main Street
- This festival brings together great music, craft brews, and great food!
- There will be a variety of food and beers sure to fit everyone’s taste!
- There will also be the Mother Earth Rhythm & Brews Home Brew Competition
- Admission is $30.00 ($35 day of the event) and will include 10 tastes of the finest craft brews and five bands. T
- ickets are limited, and the public is encouraged to buy tickets in advance.
- A portion of all proceeds from the Rhythm & Brews Music Festival will benefit both the Vista Village Business Association Internship Program, helping provide life changing opportunities for local high school students and the Ecolife Foundation, an international foundation providing ecologically sustainable water, food and shelter to communities through education applied programs. www.ecolifefoundation.org
- A $5 discount will be applied to any online purchases before 9:00am on Saturday
La mesa Oktoberfest
- Friday and and Saturday 11am – 11:30 pm, Sunday 12 – 4pm
- Where…La Mesa Blvd
- This event has gone from a small street fair to a 3-day festival with over 250 vendors!
- Lots of shopping and lots of food!
- Lots of children’s activities, entertainment and of course good old German brats and cold beer
- 2 beer gardens, live music, free admission
Pumpkin festival arts ‘n crafts fair
- When: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Where: Bates nut farm Valley center
- There will be lots of people with booths selling jewelry, woodwork, candles, toys and other crafts.
- Lots of family-friendly activities including hay rides, a straw maze, pony rides, petting zoo, a kids zone, farm zoo and many food vendors.
- There will be live music from noon to 3 p.m. both days featuring lots of local middle schools and high school bands.
- All you can eat pancake breakfast each morning from 7am-10pm for only 6 bucks for adults and 5 for kids. Proceeds benefit local charities.