Frankie and Geena's 1st Annual Taco Bowl 2013 (2/1). Special thanks to Casanova Fish Tacos!
Frankie and Geena celebrate the holiday season at Disneyland and California Adventure!
Steve Goes on a Ghost Adventure in National City.
Yesterday as I was clearing my DVR I started to watch old episodes of the Dr. Oz Show. And one of the episodes was about happiness and it's connection to good health. Dr. Oz pretty much said that the key to being healthy is being happy. Being happy really effects our physical well-being. So he went through some simple tips that we can do daily to create happiness. I thought they were really good and easy so I figured I'd share them with you guys.
Dr. Oz’s Tips to Happiness:
1) Make your bed every morning (the state of your bed is the state of your mind)
2) Listen to Music (Music can instantly put you in a good mood so listen to your favorite song regularly)
3) Create a routine daily of doing something you love (If it’s running you love, or baking, or arts and crafts, or even your job, just make sure you do it routinely. You will have a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction which in turn will make you happy).
4) Gratitude (Be thankful for everything that happens and for everything you have/do
Things you can do will immediately physically make you feel good:
1) Bite down on a pencil for two minutes
2) Step into the sunlight
3) Make sure you eat mood foods like omega 3’s, shrimp, salmon, etc. Bad fats make you in bed mood
4) Smile as you walk around today. When you smile at others more than likely they will smile back which passes the good feeling on and creates an overall good vibe.
5) Yawn- yawning ignites an immediate sense of empathy from others and makes them yawn so the empathy just keeps getting passed forward. To do this effectively you have to yawn at least 2 times in a row to let others catch on.
6) Give hugs! Hug your friends, hug strangers, hug whoever. And not just quick pats on the back. You should be giving 8 lingering hugs a day.